Monday, March 19, 2007

From the Forums: Angel Power

A message thanking Soldiers' Angels for supporting military families:

Thank you to so many
for all the love and support you have shown me and my family while I have been deployed, all the time spent mowing the grass, removing snow, fixing things around the house...the gifts, cards, meals, kind words..or simply checking in on my family to see if they need anything....thanks falls way short but it is the best I can do for now. Collectively, you have made the deployment better for Laura, Blake, Sydney and me....I can never repay all you have done, please know how much it means to all who are deployed, again I challenge any of you to make the effort to support a military family, the little things really do add up.


A thank you from Afghanistan:

Thank you very much for the package you sent. Just knowing we're not forgotten is all we really need. It means alot that caring people, such as yourself, are there for us.


Looking for Volunteers for a new team

I have been contacted by a Master Sgt. at 29 palms who is asking for assistance from Soldiers' Angels. They run a mock FOB to train Marines and Sailors who are preparing to deploy. The heroes spend an average of 30-45 days at this facility preparing for what life will be like in the sandbox. The Master Sgt. wants us to provide packages and such just like the guys/gals will get when they actually deploy. This will also give some great word for SA to heroes who are preparing to head overseas.


Check the forum for details.

Don't forget Angel Alerts for emergency requests.


- May no soldier go unloved
Soldiers' Angels