Tuesday, February 20, 2007

From the Forum: Angel Power




If you haven't caught the news the last two days, Baghdad CSH is getting hit hard and could need some support.

Don't forget Amy's Alerts every Sunday that have large group requests. There are several requests still open. Large groups and CSH units looking for special care.

If you're not a Soldiers' Angel and want to help out, click on the icon at the bottom of this post to join. If you're an Angel, but haven't made it to the forums yet to keep up on the requests or would like to contact Amy to help with an alert, click here to register and then go here for alerts and contact information.

Also, a Wish List From Afghanistan

A little reminder of why we do it-

A heartwarming message from the field for the Angels who sent items to Sgt Corey to be used as prizes for his morale program:

Hello Janet - we have received some packages with prizes. We all want to tell you how thankful we are and we will use these prizes to help with the morale here. I will try to send pics of the troops receiving the prizes. I know my boss was really uplifted when he watched me open up the packages. We really want to send out a truly felt thank you from our hearts and continue to keep us soldiers in your thought and prayers. I will be sending pics real soon. Thank you and God bless.


It's the simple things.

Feb 13, 2007 - I do have something I could use help on, it actually made me kinda sad today to see this. My NCO, has like no bedding at all except for a sheet set that Therese sent me and I passed it on to him, He is a really great guy but can't afford to purchase decent bedding, for family reasons. But I mean that guys face lite right up when I gave him a set of sheets something so simple made his day.

If I could make every soldier around me lite up like that man that would be great, because then I know that for at least a little bit they arent stressing about things they cant control right now. We all need to keep our heads in the game, and the little things that occur back home make it hard at times. But the little items that remind us from home, or even a tiny thing like sharing my Red Bull with someone who was dying for one....Makes a Soldiers Day
I've seen some of the things you all have done, and wanted to tell you how much of a impact you make on peoples lives. I know we are in a bad place, and its only going to get worse, but you cant smile on the outside without feeling good on the inside.

Feb 17, 2007 - Well our mail person just dropped off our mail, and WoW I cant believe there is stuff already coming. We got stack of Thank You cards from Ann Marie...everyone says thank you. I'm going to be passing them out tonight at our meeting but alot of people already got a couple they all want to write back to everyone that left a address. Patti and Roger we got the stuffed animals and they couldnt of come at a more perfect time, we just had a child come in yesterday, he looked a little nervous when I walked up to him with a few stuff animals but he was very happy. I'm going to see him again tomorrow and just hang out with him for a bit. Everything is going pretty well here, all the medics are excited now since I've talked to them to let them know that we have a group of awesome people helping us out. Monday is my day off so Roger I'll be sure to send you some pictures from this past week. Well going to get chow, Everyone have a great day. And THANK YOU SO MUCH ! !

~Bobby (Happiest Medic in the world)


Remember, if you're not a Soldiers' Angel and want to help out, click on the icon at the bottom of this post to join. If you're an Angel, but haven't made it to the forums yet to keep up on the requests or would like to contact Amy to help with an alert, click here to register and then go here for alerts and contact information.

- May no soldier go unloved